Eliminate Problem Gambling Using NLP And Hypnotherapy
When your gambling behaviour is out of control, it affects every part of your life in a negative way. Sometimes called compulsive gambling, Australian governments use the term “problem gambling” to describe the actions of a person whose gambling is having destructive consequences. While it is a difficult compulsion to live with, it is certainly one that can be helped using NLP and hypnotherapy.
About Problem Gambling
Problem gambling is a serious habit, one that can lead you to risk your financial security, your personal relationships, and anything else of value to you. Many times problem gamblers are people who get bored easily and are constantly seeking adventure and action. It’s no surprise, then, that gambling is such an attractive activity to such a person.
The common behaviours and symptoms of problem gambling include:
- Constantly thinking about gambling
- Trying to gain back losses by gambling even more (called chasing losses)
- Needing to bet more often and/or higher amounts to get the same level of excitement
- Lying to family and friends to hide the extent of your gambling
- Resorting to fraud, theft, or other illegal acts to get the money you need to gamble
- Asking other people to provide money so you can gamble
- Using gambling as a way to escape from problems and improve your mood
- Increased irritability and restless feelings when you attempt to cut back on gambling
- You can’t stop gambling even when it puts your relationships, job, or other opportunities at risk
While a gambling habit may start out as an occasional entertainment activity, it can quickly turn into a compulsion that is difficult to control. It literally turns into an unconscious behaviour, one that you cannot control with will power alone. The triggers for this behaviour can vary, from walking past a betting location to simply thinking about gambling at all. Thoughts and emotions combine with actions to create negative gambling behaviour.
Using NLP And Hypnotherapy To Stop Problem Gambling
NLP and hypnotherapy are used extensively to help overcome problem gambling because they are so effective at treating this compulsion. While other approaches spend time examining your past behaviour and trying to find out why you gamble, our approach focuses on dealing with the problem as it exists right now. NLP teaches you to make conscious decisions about your habits and behaviours, while hypnotherapy targets your unconscious mind to unleash your inner resources. Putting these two sets of techniques together, we can create profound changes in your life.
How Long Will Treatment Take?
This depends on the extent of your problem gambling and your individual circumstances. However, in most cases your problem gambling can be cured in as few as two to four one-hour sessions. Many people even start seeing some significant improvements after just a single session.